386/ix archive site

Petri Alhola petri at digiw.UUCP
Thu Aug 2 00:27:55 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul16.203619.7555 at uwasa.fi> hv at uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) writes:
>Well, I've waited - and now that it seems that nobody wanted to do
>386/ix archiving I start to do it in nic.funet.fi (128.214.6.100).
>I announce further when I know the exact location of the directory
>that I start to fill with a little help from you OUT THERE.
>
>--
>===== Harri Valkama   (hv at uwasa.fi, hv at flame.uwasa.fi, hv at nic.funet.fi) =======
>| University of Vaasa, PO BOX 700, 65101 VAASA, Finland (fax: +358 61 248465) |
>|      Moderating ftp site chyde.uwasa.fi (128.214.12.3) PC directory         |
>=== and ftp site  nic.funet.fi (128.214.6.100)  Atari ST & Mac directories ====

 There has been litle known 386/ix --- Now Interactive UNIX archive, digiw.fi
 working about one year. Curently we does not have internet connection, only
 uucp mail and news. Other problem is that our incoming modem is only 2400
 v22bis, our outcall modem ic 9600 v32 one. Now we have just got 64Kbit/s
 ISDN .... and we try get it working with UUCP, SLIP and PPP. In our archive is
 Gnu emacs for X11, bash, netnews , ditrof to postscript, text to postscript ..
 X font editor, 8 bit xterm, xfig  .... and many other utilities and x11
 software ported for Interactive Unix.

 Petri Alhola
 petri at digiw.fi