cannot access device

Doug Blair blair at obdient.chi.il.us
Fri Aug 3 03:41:10 AEST 1990

I've just installed the famed FAS driver in my 386 clone box and am using
it to talk to my Telebit Trailblazer modem at 19.2.  No more dropped
characters!  Kudos to Uwe Doering and Jim Murray for their fine work!

Now the problem:

cu can access the modem and getty and uugetty can run against the
ttyF00 and/or ttyFM00 devices as described in the INSTALL docs, but
when uucico tries to dial out we get the CANNOT ACCESS DEVICE message.

This happens even when the ttyFM00 device is removed, the ttyF00 device
is created with major device number 4 and minor 0, permissions on the
ttyF00 device are 666 and no getty or uugetty process is running on the
port.  cu can access the device but uucico can't.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Respond via email please.  I'll summarize to the net...

Thanks

--
Doug
|___||___/\___/\___||_|\___/|_|_| |_|   708-653-5527  blair at obdient.chi.il.us