vga help

Dick Dunn rcd at ico.isc.com
Tue Aug 7 06:01:00 AEST 1990

richard at pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) writes:
> >The Sony 1304 is an excellent monitor.  I an very impressed with
> >the engineering inside the monitor...[more praise from original]
> Isn't a monitor that size too small to be practical for use at 1024x768?

No, not at all.  But you do start looking at the monitor in a different
way.  It's no longer this big TV-like thing that sits in the distance, with
huge fuzzy letters.  It's more like having a piece of paper in front of
you.

1024x768 on that monitor (14" overall diag) gives you around 100 dpi.
There are good mono display systems available with 150 dpi!  It's high time
color monitors started getting good resolution (meaning dpi, as opposed to
total pixels).

I've been using a 768x1024 (i.e., portrait mode) 14" mono display for
about six months now.  I'll fight to keep it.
--
Dick Dunn     rcd at ico.isc.com -or- ico!rcd       Boulder, CO   (303)449-2870
   ...Are you making this up as you go along?