Problem with SCO UNIX 3.2.2 Installation

Superuser root at edat.UUCP
Wed Aug 15 02:16:49 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug13.170805.28253 at dircon.uucp> sys0001 at dircon.uucp () writes:
>I'm having a problem installing the new version of SCO UNIX 3.2.
>The N1 disk is marked Release: 3.2v2.0s.
>
>What's happening is that when I start the installation process, by
>booting off disk N1 and then disk N2, my system does a full reset
>while it is displaying the configuration information on the inital
>boot screen.

I had this same type of problem installing on my machine.  I had
to do with the fact that I had a CPU cache--386, 33MHz.  With
the cache controler turned on, right after the N1 disk was it, and
it should have asked for the N2, BOOM!  It reboots.  Turned off
the cache, it worked fine.  Turned the cache back on once install
was done.

However, you said you have a 386, 16MHz.  Well, I doubt that has
a cache on board.  I found my answer by reading the vendors documentation
on installing OS/2.  It apparently would have had the same problem
as Unix.  Therefore check your docs on OS/2 installation to see if
anything special need be done.

--
Brian Douglass			uunet!edat!brian