C news fast stdio fails regression test on 386/ix.

Henry Spencer henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Sat Aug 11 01:46:32 AEST 1990

In article <803 at hades.ausonics.oz.au> greyham at hades.ausonics.oz.au (Greyham Stoney) writes:
>When libstdio/runtrials is run, it passes every test except the last one...
>Has anyone else running ISC 386/ix noticed this problem, and is there any
>easy fix, or do I have to make to with the library stdio?.

You probably have to make do with the library stdio.  Pity.  Unfortunately,
there are starting to be a *lot* of incompatible stdios out there in the
world.  Geoff might be able to deal with this if he knew precisely what
was going on inside them, but between the shortage of System V around
here and the difficulty of figuring out what's going on without source,
it's not likely to happen.
--
It is not possible to both understand  | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
and appreciate Intel CPUs. -D.Wolfskill|  henry at zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry