Esix / ATT SysV documentation

heiser at tdw201.ed.ray.com heiser at tdw201.ed.ray.com
Tue Aug 21 01:40:28 AEST 1990

I just installed Esix Rev. D on my system, and find that I really do
need the full documentation set after all.  (for man pages, for
example).  I understand that there is a set put out by Prentice
Hall which is a generic SysV "equivalent" of the Esix set.

Has anyone compared these manuals?  Do the Esix versions have Esix-
specifics, or are they just Esix-labelled ATT books?   Do the Esix
versions have any advantages other than the nice binders? :-)

Thanks in advance.

p.s.  Is anyone interested in an Esix mailing list?  I'm not sure if
I can host one here, but I will check with our mail gateway people if
there is sufficient interest.

Bill

--
Bill Heiser
	Work:   heiser at tdw201.ed.ray.com
		{decuac,necntc,uunet}!rayssd!tdw201!heiser
	Home:   Bill.Heiser at f240.n322.z1.fidonet.org (Fidonet 1:322/240)
		The Think_Tank BBS (508)655-3848  1200/2400/9600-HST
	Other:  75106.2332 at compuserve.com
	Other:	heiser at world.std.com     (Public Access Unix)