43 line EGA mode

Buster Irby rli at buster.irby.com
Wed Aug 1 22:55:15 AEST 1990

scjones at thor.UUCP (Larry Jones) writes:

>things happen.  First, the cursor usually disappears, but not
>always.

I have seen this same problem.  Try using setcolor -c 2,12 to
get the cursor back.

>make it disappear again the same way.  Second, the pallette
>changes: brown becomes dark yellow (which I actually like), grey
>becomes very dark green, light blue is only very slightly lighter
 [ more description deleted ]

I have not seen the colors change on my Nanao 9070S, but I have
noticed that the display dimensions of my screen were changed.
This may possibly be due to the frequency shift in the output of
the EGA(VGA) card.
--
Buster Irby  buster!rli