386/ix VP/ix problems (Wp 5.1, file truncation)

Tim Brown tim at comcon.UUCP
Mon Aug 27 06:18:14 AEST 1990

In article <831 at bain3.oz>, keith at bain3.oz (Keith Brinck) writes:

> 1. Installing Word Perfect 5.1 anywhere in the UNIX file system causes the
>    message "wp.fil not found" (or words to that effect) when attempting to
>    run it, despite the fact that wp.fil is correctly situated in the
>    current directory.  On the other hand, this message does not appear
>    (and WP works fine) if WP is installed either onto the native DOS
>    partition or onto C:.  My local ISC supplier says they contacted ISC in
>    the US whose response was "It works fine over here ..." - very satisfying.

I have *never* got WP5* to work on the unix drive directly.  It must
be installed on C: (Psuedo) or DOS partition.  NOTE: it only need be
installed there not used there, simply install on a psuedo drive like
C: and PATH it in.  It works fine like that.

--
Tim Brown            |
Computer Connection  |