Future Domain SCSI help for ix

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Mon Aug 27 22:58:26 AEST 1990

In article <3272 at uniol.UUCP> reimann at uniol.UUCP (Ulf Reimann) writes:
>lubkin at cs.rochester.edu (Saul Lubkin) writes:
>
>>Help!  I'm having trouble installing Interactive Unix 2.0.2 OR 2.2 on
>>a 386AT.  The only hard disk is a Wren CDC 5 170 meg formatted drive
>>on a Future Domain SCSI TMC-870 hard disk controller.
>
>I have given up trying to use the TMC-870.

I have used an 875 without any problems as a primary controller with
a Micropolis 340MB drive under ISC 2.2.  (although I could not get the
same hardware to work with an adaptec controller).

I have had a problem using a Wangtek 525MB SCSi tape on an 875 secondary
controller on another system, but I think that is due to problems with
the wangtek (although one can never be sure).

                                                Sterling, VA 22170