How do you boot Interactive's SysV in single user mode???

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Tue Aug 21 05:59:04 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug16.160941.17784 at ddsw1.MCS.COM> nvk at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Norman Kohn) writes:
> A more elegant solution(?) might be
> to edit the binary /unix, changing the text string /etc/inittab to
> something else; and saving the edited /unix under a different name.

You'd have to change the "/etc/init", then in init itself change
"/etc/inittab". Easier would be to have a prompt in /etc/rc with a timeout
(using the hallowed "(sleep 5; kill $$)&" hack, or something better)
that asked if you want to go to single-user mode. I'll try that.
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
+1 713 274 5180.   'U`
peter at hackercorp.com