VP/IX and ProDesigner II...

David Rector drector at orion.oac.uci.edu
Fri Aug 17 06:20:38 AEST 1990

In <17412 at ucsd.Edu> rmr at ucsd.Edu (Robert Rother) writes:

>Maybe someone out there can tell me what I need to do to get VP/IX
>Version 1.1.1 to work with a Orchid ProDesigner II board and a Sony
>1304.  When I exit vpix the monitor goes blank.  No more cursor,
>no more keyboard echoing, NADA.  The system is still alive as I
>can type blindly to shut the system down.  Any clues?

The vpix command 'quit' is broken in that version (fixed--more or less--
in 1.2.0).  Try using the menu (Alt-sysreq m followed by quit) to exit.
You will probably also have to disable the dos under unix and unix
under dos capabilities.  I have to do that even in 1.2.0 to get the
thing to work under X-windows.  I have two accounts 'name' and 'namevpix'
with the home directory of namevpix set to ~name/msdos.  Then I can log into
both on different virtual terminals to work unix and dos at the same time.

I never got either version to work in color (comment out the VGAROM line
in vpix.cnf to use the board's bios).

David L. Rector				drector at orion.oac.uci.edu
Dept. of Math.				U. C. Irvine, Irvine CA 92717