ISC 2.0.2: "PANIC athd_recvdata: LOGIC ERROR missing MEMBREAK"

Tim Brown tim at comcon.UUCP
Tue Aug 21 04:47:33 AEST 1990

In article <9008171007.aa06635 at PARIS.ICS.UCI.EDU>, baxter at zola.ICS.UCI.EDU (Ira Baxter) writes:

> I have a Micronics 20Mhz 32kb cache 386 with WD1006SRV2 controller,
> running ISC 2.0.2, HPDD configured with the standard file system.
> Under normal operation, I get an occasional (1/month) latchup of the WD1006
> which I have unsuccessfully been trying to track down for months.  The
[ complete discription deleted]

The WD1006SVR2 has a known history of locking up with ISC.  Something
to do with the card being unable to recover from errored seek aheads.
As I understand it the 1006 does multiple seeks and if one fails it
*should* go back and do single seeks, which it doesn't do correctly
thus it locks up.  BTW, ISC *said* they would have a work around in
the 2.2 kernel.  They don't.  I have seen the same thing with 2.2.
THe only fix I know of is to get another controller.  I went with
adaptec.  I have an associate that is going to switch a dtc7287 for a
wd1006.

Anyone have any experience with the DTC7287?

--
Tim Brown            |
Computer Connection  |