Tecmar Tape Drive Problem

Bruce Himebaugh bruce at bmhalh.UUCP
Mon Aug 6 12:35:33 AEST 1990

I have a Tecmar QT150e connected to a system running SCO Unix 3.2.  I start a
backup in the evening around 5:00 p.m. and take the tape out the next morning
around 8:00 or 8:30 a.m..  It seems that the next time I try to use the tape
drive (i.e. tar(C)) that everything is locked up.  What ever commands I execute
get "lost" in the tape driver (i.e. /dev/rct0).  I have heard rumors of there
being a heat related problem that causes the tape drive to lock up after having
a tape in it all night.  Has anybody heard of this being a problem?  Or, does
anyone know of any other problems?  Any solutions?

Thanks,

Bruce

--
Bruce M. Himebaugh                                          Voice: 216-484-3528
   PATHS: uunet!{ncoast,aablue}!fmsystm!bmhalh!bruce