Which Unix to Buy?

ted devin edevin at corwin.CCS.Northeastern.EDU
Fri Aug 24 04:03:39 AEST 1990

I am going to be purchasing a 386 unix soon for a 386SX system with 4 Megs
RAM and about 180M of disk.  The issues in order of importance:
	- Compatibility
	  I am going to be compiling NNTP and Cnews on this system, and maybe
	  some mail software.  When I tell the program to configure itself
	  as SYSV, I want SYSV.  I have tried Xenix/286 on a 286 and found
	  it a major hassle.

	  It also must be able to handle two RLL disk drives, using an
	  Aptec controller.  This is a must.

	  It also should handle multi-port I/O cards pretty well, but this
	  isn't essensial.

	- Price
	  I would like to make this a economical as possible.  This is
	  only a minor point.  A couple hundred dollars is 'minor'.  Several
	  hundred to a thousand is not.

Post or e-mail is fine with me.  Any suggestion will be graciously accepted.
Thanks in advance.