Wildcards don't work on NFS mounted file system

Anthony Shipman als at bohra.cpg.oz
Mon Aug 6 20:11:44 AEST 1990

In article <LARRY.90Aug2091559 at focsys.uucp>, larry at focsys.uucp (Larry Williamson) writes:
> Users logged in on a 386/ix system that has mounted a file system from
> a MIPS fileserver cannot use wild cards in any of the directories that
> are on the MIPS file system.
>
> Even emacs file name completion does not work. What a royal pain that
> is!

The MIPS file system probably has BSD style directories with long file names.
Programs on 386/ix should be linked with the POSIX directory compatibility
routines. (I've done this to ksh on SCO 3.2).

The shells are Interactive's problem. You may be able to do emacs yourself.
Anthony Shipman                               ACSnet: als at bohra.cpg.oz.au
Computer Power Group
9th Flr, 616 St. Kilda Rd.,
St. Kilda, Melbourne, Australia