Mounting DOS filesystems under Interactive Unix

Jon Ryshpan jon at hitachi.uucp
Fri Aug 24 11:03:34 AEST 1990

When I mount a DOS partition of my hard disk as a unix filesystem, I get
a large number of errors on the console of the form:

	DOS FS: inode table overflow

I don't see why this should be.  The space.c file for the dos driver
contains the line

	#define	NDOSINODE	200	/* DOS-FSS inodes array */

which gives the number of cached inodes (200) as much larger than the
number of files that a process can have open on my system (64).
Evidently the cache is not being cleared out when it ought to be.
Maybe I can just patch around this by increasing NDOSINODE.  Or is
there an interaction between NDOSINODE and some of the other tunable
kernel parameters?

Also, I space.c contains the line:

	int dos_dbglev = 0;

Has anyone tried this out to see what it does.  Is it just on/off, or
are there debug levels?

Many Thanks:

Jonathan Ryshpan	<...!uunet!hitachi!jon>		(415) 244-7369