ESIX- Additional Serial Ports?

Yaser K. Doleh doleh at math-cs.kent.edu
Wed Aug 8 14:30:26 AEST 1990

In article <569 at eds1.UUCP>, jdm1 at eds1.UUCP (Jon McCown) writes:

> Could someone with proper ESIX documentation (or inside information)
> tell me whether COM3 COM4 strappable serial ports can be used with
> ESIX?  The mouse on COM1 is a pain, and I would really like to add
> some more serial I/O, without going to the expense of a digiboard (yet).

You need to edit the file space.c in /etc/conf/something/asy and add two
more lines
for com3 and com4. I did it long time ago and don't remember exactly
what to do.
I don't run ESIX anymore so I can't look it up.

> My guess is that one might be able to mknod a couple more minor devices,
> but it would be handy to know if the driver would support them before
> I go gorking my system.  Apologies for not having the complete docs ;-)

Adding the devices won't do it. The device driver only support two
serial ports.
That's why you need to edit space.c file and add more devices.

Good luck.

> - Jon
>

> --
>              J.D. McCown - RCSG Director - Senate of Pennsylvania
> psuvax1!eds1!jdm1    (this space intentionally     "Your lupins or
your life!"
> jdm1 at eds1.eds.com      filled with this text)                   -
Dennis Moore