funny console mode ESIX

John Temples john at jwt.UUCP
Sun Aug 26 09:36:32 AEST 1990

In article <2206 at sud509.ed.ray.com> heiser at sud509.ed.ray.com (Bill Heiser - Unix Sys Admin) writes:
>The console on my Esix system sometimes gets into a
>funny state, particularly after using 'pcomm'.

I run pcomm (1.2.4) on my Esix console all the time, without any
problems.  However, running pcomm from a Wyse 50 terminal does cause
problems.  The dialing directory is completely scrambled when it's
brought up.  More strange is that when I bring up emacs (Epsilon) on the
terminal after running pcomm, moving the cursor around causes letters
to randomly change.  Cycling power on the terminal has no effect.
Logging off and back on again seems to be the only way to clear the
problem.
--
John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)