Future Domain SCSI help for ix

Saul Lubkin lubkin at cs.rochester.edu
Sat Aug 25 00:09:34 AEST 1990

Help!  I'm having trouble installing Interactive Unix 2.0.2 OR 2.2 on
a 386AT.  The only hard disk is a Wren CDC 5 170 meg formatted drive
on a Future Domain SCSI TMC-870 hard disk controller.

As best as I can understand the installation manual, this controller is,
I believe, supported.  In fact, during installation, a mesage appears
indicating a copywrite for the "386/ix SCSI driver by Future Domain", for
the 8x0 controller (or something like that), during a 2.0.2 attempted
installation.

But, as soon as the install program tries to check for an existing 386/ix
partition (pretty near the beginning of the install), it produces an
"SCSI error".  Something about restarting dcb_drivint at position 0 or
some such thing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated -- either email or posted to this
group, which I read regularly.  (If there's enough interest by others, I'll
summarize).

						Thank you,

						Saul Lubkin