lp problems on ISC 2.2

Juha Takala jta at funic.funet.fi
Fri Aug 10 00:13:47 AEST 1990

In article <504 at litle.litle.com> kevin at litle.litle.com (kevin p burke) writes:

   occasionally on my machine, lp gets into a weird state where it will not
   print unles I do a "sysadm lpstop; sysadm lpstart" and then it will print
   only one file...the only way I've discovered to remedy this is to reboot
   the system...I don't like this solution for various reasons...anyone know
   the solution?

My lp also does somthing like that.  `lpstat -t' tells that the printer
is is idle, enabled and "stopped with printer fault".  `enable lj' will
make the first job from the queue to come out, but the fault does not go
away.  I have either no fix (but reboot) for the problem.  Maybe we have
the same reason.  Can someone tell?
---
Juha Takala  (jta at sah.vtt.fi)  tel.: +358-0-456 6415   fax: +358-0-435 67014
Technical Research Centre, Laboratory of Electrical and Automation Engineering
Otakaari 7 B, 02150 Espoo, FINLAND
--
---