ISC 2,2 and LPI C problem.

Tom Yager tyager at maxx.UUCP
Thu Aug 2 13:16:33 AEST 1990

In article <773 at essnj1.ESSNJAY.COM>, smitty at essnj1.ESSNJAY.COM (Hibbard T. Smith JR) writes:
> ...the "ansi" c compiler from LPI. ...it couldn't produce working code
> from the distributed samples. This code always prints 0 for argc, and trash
> for argv's

It's in the release notes, but not easy to spot.

To get it to compile properly under ISC, you need to specify the "-sys" and
"-xid" compiler options. I've been porting ANSI C apps from DOS with these
flags set, and haven't encountered any problems.

(ty)
--
+--Tom Yager, Technical Editor, BYTE----Reviewer, UNIX World---------------+
|  UUCP: decvax!maxx!tyager          NET: maxx!tyager at bytepb.byte.com      |