Copying DOS files to SCO UNIX

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Thu Aug 30 10:58:16 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug24.122452 at hantsu.enet.dec.com> stephen at hantsq.enet.dec.com (Stephen Wong) writes:

| |>      Is VPIX worth the $$$.
|
| DOS-merge is generally better than VPIX, no flame please!!

  Since I run both, I can tell you that the choice is clear, you run
both. The performance of VP/ix is far better in graphics modes when
running direct to the screen. Programs which write screen direct run
much faster under VP/ix. On the other hand, when you want to run DOS in
an X-window, a prime thing to do for me, you use merge.

  I think I would use VP/ix if I had to choose, but they both have their
strong points.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX