TCP/IP and ISC 2.02

Georg Trietsch trig at dkatrig.ka.sub.org
Mon Aug 6 01:21:49 AEST 1990

Hi Netlanders!

This is just another question of a stupid beginner. Working fine for a
few weeks on my 386/ix I tried to connect via FTP's PC/TCP from a
DOS-System. Both sides are installed well, as far as I can see from the
documentation, host files are set up also. Running ping on each side
shows that communication is possible.

My problem is that all other programs such as finger, who and ftp won't
get a connection. As far as I can see the inetd on my ISC system does
not start the appropiate demon when a request is coming in on a socket
specified in /etc/inetd.conf.

Is anybody out there, who can tell me waht I'm doing wrong, or is there
just another lack of information in the manuals ?

Regards.