What is "No ! in UUCP! (user)" message from sendmail?

Tom Yager tyager at maxx.UUCP
Sun Aug 19 14:40:19 AEST 1990

I just finished doing a fresh install of Interactive UNIX on a new system,
and encountered an odd error message. I'm planning to call ISC on it in the
morning, but wondered if any of you might know the answer.

In attempting to send a mail message to any uucp destination, sendmail
reports the error:
   No ! in UUCP! (root)

This error appears every time with the 2.2 sendmail. I copied the 2.0.2
sendmail over and the problem disappeared.

Any clues?
(ty)

--
+--Tom Yager, Technical Editor, BYTE----Reviewer, UNIX World---------------+