NFS vs. PC Interface w/ SCO ODT...

Daniel A. Graifer dag at fciva.FRANKLIN.COM
Wed Aug 15 02:45:43 AEST 1990

In article <26576 at usc.edu> rpinder at phad.hsc.usc.edu (Rich Pinder) writes:
>I am considering purchasing the SCO Open Desktop with Server upgrade. Can
>anyone help me understand the differences between the NFS Server, and the
>PC-Interface. [...] and which would require less ram usage on the pc?

We run PC-Interface here and like it.  The only disadvantage we've seen
so far is that some DOS software assumes that all PC-networks are Novell
networks;  They see PC-I, assume there is a Novell Network present, and
try to start up their network mode, and fail.  No way to disable this. The
programs that do this are all built around the DBFabs network database product.

bytes.  I can't give you any numbers on PC-NFS.

Dan
---
--
Daniel A. Graifer			Franklin Mortgage Capital Corporation
uunet!dag at fmccva.franklin.com		7900 Westpark Drive, Suite A130