Copying DOS files to SCO UNIX

Chuck Luciano chuck at uswat.UUCP
Fri Aug 24 02:09:19 AEST 1990

I will be bringing up SCO UNIX on my 386sx at home as soon as the %^&#*#&
vendor gets it to me, and I have a couple of basic questions:

     Can I copy files from DOS diskettes to unix? This is how I plan to
   get gnu software to the machine.

     Is VPIX worth the $$$.

     Can I still boot DOS without a boot floppy?

     How much disk space will I really need for UNIX/Dev kit.

     I am running a 16mhz 386sx with two seagate 42mb drives (1-38ms,
   & 1-28ms).

     This is not specifically a UNIX ? but I'll ask anyway. I have been
   told that an IDE drive connects to a mfm controller. Is this true?

     Can I run IDE and MFM together?

     Will SCO UNIX support a mountain filesafe qic-40 type tape drive?

     What is the general opinion on SCO vs all the others? (No net.wars
   please!) Please keep in mind that I got SCO at a pretty low price.

Chuck Luciano
On contract at U.S. West Advanced Technologies
303-921-9113