text stippling, ISC 2.0.2 / X 1.1

carroll at m.cs.uiuc.edu carroll at m.cs.uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 1 08:22:00 AEST 1990

I've got an X problem that I can't seem to fix. The real question is, does
ISC 386/ix 2.0.2 with X11R3 1.1 support text stippling? I cannot seem to
get it to actually stipple the text, although I can make XFillRectangle
stipple just fine. I've checked the release notes, but I didn't see
anything about this in there.
So,
	1. Does stippling work with text in 2.0.2 / 1.1 ?
	2. If yes, can anyone send code that does it?
	3. If no, will this be supported in the next X release, and when
	   will that release be out? (I seem to remember that 2.2 does
	   _not_ include an X update)

Alan M. Carroll                Barbara/Marilyn in '92 :
carroll at cs.uiuc.edu            + This time, why not choose the better halves?
Epoch Development Team
CS Grad / U of Ill @ Urbana    ...{ucbvax,pur-ee,convex}!cs.uiuc.edu!carroll