SYSVR4 available to students/faculty for $100?

Thomas E. Kunselman tek at ms.uky.edu
Fri Aug 24 00:43:58 AEST 1990

I saw a posting on one of the local bulletin boards at University of
Kentucky saying that AT&T SYSVR4 executeables were available to students
for $100 which was basically the cost of copying and media.  There wasn't
much more information in this posting, but I think it has to do with having
a site license for AT&T unix at the school?

Do any other schools have similar offers?  I haven't checked to see what
exactly this offer is, but can post more if there are any interested people
out there after I look into it.

Also I have heard that MACH will be available for the 386, and if you have
a source license for AT&T SYSV then you can already obtain a copy of MACH
from CMU.  I can't remember who told this to me as I wasn't interested in
it at the time.  I will try to find out who told me this, and in the meantime
if anyone knows about this, could you please post?

Thanks,

tek

--
Thomas Kunselman                              {rutgers,uunet}!ukma!tek
Planning and Institutional Research       	bitnet: irkunsel at ecuvm1.bitnet
East Carolina University			internet:tek at ms.uky.edu
Greenville, NC 27858		(Educate, Don't Legislate!)