SCO Unix security features

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM
Thu Aug 16 11:12:25 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug16.174514.2646 at NCoast.ORG> allbery at ncoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR/KT) writes:
>And you still haven't answered my biggest question:  why do I have to put up
>with this *at all* when the machines I have to install and maintain this on
>need nothing more than simple group vectors and /etc/shadow?

You don't.  There are about five other 386 UNIX ports out there.  I
recommend anyone who doesn't want to get stuck with C2 security buy one
of them.  (They all run Xenix binaries nicely, by the way.)  These
messages asking "I think I want Unix for my 386, but does SCO sell it
yet?" make me chuckle -- surely this is the sweetest coup in brand name
recognition any value-added reseller ever pulled off...
--
"The analytical Engine has no pretensions whatever |1+0-| Tom Neff
to originate anything.  It can do whatever we know |+0-1| tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM