386 boards ?

Jaap Verhage aceverj at accucx.cc.ruu.nl
Tue Aug 14 06:29:54 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug12.213720.7460 at kth.se> perand at admin.kth.se (Per Andersson) writes:
>Hi.
>
>I'm about to buy a 386sx board, by mail order from the US. This seems to be
>the far cheapest way to get a usable computer. I'd like to hear comments on
>where to get it from. Cheapes, best for $$$ and so on. The best so far seems
>to be $299, from First Computer systems, seen in the August number of Byte.
[...]
Ah ... ah ... ah ... now WHY don't I EVER see prices like that
in Holland? It just ain't fair, man, all you 'mericanos buyin'
all them cheapies 'cause you's with so many. Tell ya
somethin'? I bought an Intel 80287-10, few days ago, for 700
(seven hundred) real Dutch Florins. That's roughly 450 (fouw
hunnerd!) US $$$ ! Ah, we poor Dutch ... small country ... sob