Are these ISC X11 problems fixed?

Checkpoint Technologies ckp at grebyn.com
Tue Aug 28 14:56:25 AEST 1990

I have a few problems with the current ISC X11 stuff.  I'm running ISC X
1.0, and I know it's at least one rev behind. I wonder about newer
Interactive X11 versions.  Specifically:

  o My Caps lock and Num lock appear to have no effect.  My meager
research (using xev) seems to indicate they're mapped to the right
keysyms.

  o Another keyboard shortcoming is that each key on my 101-key
keyboard is not uniquely identifiable.  For instance, I'd like to bind
the numeric keypad ENTER key differently than the main keyboard ENTER
key.  This does not appear to be possible.

  o The Xvga server (at least) will not believe me when I say I
have a 3-button COMPAQ/PS2 mouse.  /dev/kdmouse seems to properly
report all three buttons when I "od -c /dev/kdmouse".

I'd like to know if later versions of ISC X11 have addressed these.  And
I'd sure be interested in X11R4 too.
--
First comes the logo: C H E C K P O I N T  T E C H N O L O G I E S      / /
                                                                    \\ / /