USR HST and ISC 2.0.2

Jim Deitch jdeitch at jadpc.cts.com
Sat Aug 25 17:24:28 AEST 1990

I need some help in setting up a US Robotics HST under ISC 2.0.2.

Has anyone gotten this combination to work for both dial-in and
dial-out lines?  What tty devices (00,d0) do I use?  What does the
gettydefs line look like, switch settings, flags, dial commands?

I can get it to dial out just fine, but there is no-way to reset the
modem to the dial-in parameters.

Any help, tips, suggestions would be appreciated.

While we are on it, has anyone gotten the UDP time service to work
under HBTCP 1.2 running ISC 2.0.2.  When the system boots, the error
message says:  ... time: unknown service.

It is enabled in the /etc/services and /etc/inetd.conf files but it
still doesn't work.  On the pc's you get:  UDPTIME:  no-one listening
on socket.

Thanks,
Jim

--

UUCP: {nosc ucsd hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!jadpc!jdeitch
ARPA: crash!jadpc!jdeitch at nosc.mil
INET: jdeitch at jadpc.cts.com