SCO Unix & GCC 1.37.1

J. Brian Waters jbwaters at bsu-cs.bsu.edu
Tue Aug 7 09:18:12 AEST 1990

I have compiled GCC 1.37.1 using the rcc compiler under SCO Unix.  However
when I try to go to stage2 by using the stage1 compiler I just created it
locks up when trying to compile 'c-parse.tab.c'.  The HD light stays on and
I need to reboot to stop it.  It seems odd to me that I can hang the machine
running from a non-root process.  I have also noticed the same problem when
trying to run programs compiled under GCC,  downloaded from BBS's etc.  Is
this a known problem?  Is there a known workaround?  It seems to hit when
disk IO gets heavy or when lots of swapping is done (guess that is really
just a special case of heavy disk IO).

PS.  I recall mention of an SCO mailing list.  Is there such a beast?  If
so how does one get on it?

Brian Waters              <backbone>!{iuvax|pur-ee}!bsu-cs!jbwaters
--
Brian Waters              <backbone>!{iuvax|pur-ee}!bsu-cs!jbwaters