DMA (maybe) and tape drive problem (PANIC)

Bill Campbell campbell at Thalatta.COM
Fri Aug 24 00:21:05 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug20.052225.3371 at jersey> zaz at jersey.UUCP (Todd Koeckeritz) writes:
>I have run into a rather hard to solve problem and would appreciate
>any input all you netters might have.  I have a 386 (Mylex MX Revision
>1.01 25Mhz) motherboard, an Archive VP402 card controlling an Archive
...deleted stuff

You might try changing your monitor card.  I have a 33mhz 386
system that was running fine with one EGA card and the same
Archive tape you have.  I switched to another EGA card (Maxlogic
8-bit) and suddenly the tape wouldn't work at all :-(

I installed a different EGA (Paradise 8-bit) and all worked fine
again.

Its amazing how many times that VGA cards will mess up something
else in the system.  This is the first time I had a problem with EGA.
--
....microsoft--\                    Bill Campbell; Celestial Software
...uw-entropy----!thebes!camco!bill 6641 East Mercer Way