Alternative ESIX manuals?

The Imaginative Moron aka Joey Pheromone paul at dialogic.com
Thu Aug 2 01:09:23 AEST 1990

In article <828 at savant.UUCP> jon at savant.UUCP (Jon Gefaell) writes:
>In article <1481 at enrico.UUCP> steveg at enrico.UUCP (Steve Godersky) writes:
>-I am buying a UNIX System V flavor called ESIX
>Addison Wesley, I think it is, has a complete set. These are probably

Close, but no cigar. It's Prentice Hall, not Addison Wesley.

Note that they produce two sets of manuals - Generic System V and
System V/386.  The second set has extra docs on 386 specifics -
including (most useful) definitions of each 386 device (disk, display,
keyboard etc.).  I would strongly suggest that this is the set you
get.

BTW, does anyone have a price for the full set ?

Also, a moan at *IX/386 vendors - why not produce docs that list the
*differences* between your system (esp. device behaviour) and stock
System V/386 - then we could buy (or you supply) the base set, along
with your diffs.
--
Paul Bennett	      |  			| "I give in, to sin, because
Dialogic Corp.	      |   paul at dialogic.UUCP	|  You have to make this life