Using DC6250's in an archive 2150S/E

Gary Lewin gary at mic.UUCP
Wed Aug 1 14:26:06 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul31.013053.14163 at nstar.uucp> larry at nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) writes:
>howardl at wb3ffv.ampr.org ( WB3FFV) writes:
>
>>I was wondering if anybody has tried to use the 3M DC6250 cartridges in
>>the Archive 2150S or the 2150E tape backups.  I know that you are suppose
>>to be able to get 250 megabytes backed up on the 6250 tapes, and wanted to
>>know what good or bad experiences anyone else has had with the above

I do not know about the Archive but do know that the 250 meg tapes work
well with a Wangtek.  So far, only the buss drive version has been tested.
Later this week, though, a Wangtek 150 meg SCSI tape unit will be in.  If
you want to know the results of the SCSI 250 meg test, send some mail.

In general, the 250 meg tapes look and act just like the 150's.  They are
well worth the $4.00 additional cost (that runs out at $0.04 per meg, one
of the best dollar-to-meg ratios I have ever seen).

Gary Lewin
gary at mic.lonestar.org