uunet source tapes and sco unix v3.2.1

Philip Hall phil at dprmpt.UUCP
Sun Aug 12 09:54:53 AEST 1990

this is probably an obvious question, but here goes anyway.
I am not familiar with the qic stuff, and i am new to the
cartridge  tape field.
i have sco unix v3.2.1 using a wangtek tape drive model
5525es. it can read/write 320mb and 525mb
(dc6320 and dc6525) cartridges respectively.
now the question:
does anyone know if this drive uses any of the qic formats?
if so, can it read the source tapes that uunet has available
(Qic-24  Sun-compatible).
I know i can not write such tapes even if i can read them.
also, if this drive is Qic compatible, what if any, other
"size" tapes can it read/write? 120mb for example.
Has anyone had any experiences with this drive or size of cartridge. if
so, please let me know of any problems or good experiences.

Thank you very much for any and all help.
Philip Hall
Sys admin
Data Prompt Inc.
Silver Spring Md.