Troff for HP deskjet?

John R. Levine johnl at esegue.segue.boston.ma.us
Wed Aug 15 04:48:18 AEST 1990

I'd appreciate suggestions on versions of troff that will run on my 386
box running Interactive Unix and produce reasonable output on my HP Deskjet.
(The Deskjet is mostly but not entirely compatible with the Laserjet line.)
I have Interactive's DWB package which contains some version of ditroff, but
it supports only APS and I10 typesetters, neither of which I have.  The
eqn, pic, etc. do seem to work.

Desiderata:

  -- reasonable use of fonts, particularly HP soft fonts since that's what
     I have
  -- integration of graphics if possible (the deskjet can print full page 300
     DPI graphics, very slowly)
  -- price, support, delivery

I'd prefer something that runs directly under Unix, though a DOS version
would be OK if it works under vp/ix.

This has been discussed to death, I'm sure, please respond directly to me.

--
John R. Levine, Segue Software, POB 349, Cambridge MA 02238, +1 617 864 9650
johnl at esegue.segue.boston.ma.us, {ima|spdcc|world}!esegue!johnl