How to skip past "image in swap device" when rebooting?

Dave Levenson dave at westmark.UU.NET
Fri Aug 31 21:51:42 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug28.181142.11251 at techbook.com>, jamesd at techbook.com (James Deibele) writes:
> Unfortunately I have yet to put a uninterruptible power supply on my system,
> which means that once in a while I come in to find that the power flickered
> during the night and that the system is sitting, waiting patiently for me to
> answer "y" or "n"....
> ...  I have autoboot=yes in /etc/default/boot as per the manual, but
> it always sticks here.  Is there a way of getting past this question?

You need to add one more line to /etc/default/boot.
That line should be:

PANICBOOT=YES

That allows the system to boot automatically after a panic, which is
the state it thinks it's in after a power failure.

(Note: my answer applies to AT&T SysV/386r3.2.2.  Your UNIX(tm) may
vary.)

--
Dave Levenson			Voice: 908 647 0900  Fax: 908 647 6857
Westmark, Inc.			UUCP: {uunet | rutgers | att}!westmark!dave