Top/u386mon for ESIX?

heiser at tdw201.ed.ray.com heiser at tdw201.ed.ray.com
Fri Aug 24 21:50:26 AEST 1990

In article <281 at rancor.UUCP> bob at rancor.UUCP (Bob Willcox) writes:

>I have built and am running u386mon (v 2.20, though I have successfully
>used a couple of earlier versions as well) on my ESIX system (Rev D).
>I built it using the isc2 makefile.

Hi,

Based on what lots of people told me, I was able to successfully build
the 2.2 version using the DELL makefile.  It's funny, though, even
when top is the "only" thing running on the system, it shows 100%
cpu utilization.  I have to experiment this weekend, killing of processes,
to find out which one is being the hog.  Actually, the u386mon
process itself seems to rank right up there.

Bill

--
Bill Heiser
	Work:   heiser at tdw201.ed.ray.com
		{decuac,necntc,uunet}!rayssd!tdw201!heiser
	Home:   Bill.Heiser at f240.n322.z1.fidonet.org (Fidonet 1:322/240)
		The Think_Tank BBS (508)655-3848  1200/2400/9600-HST
	Other:  75106.2332 at compuserve.com
	Other:	heiser at world.std.com     (Public Access Unix)