KSH recommendations?

Fredrik Stax{ng fredriks at kuling.UUCP
Fri Aug 10 04:58:48 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug08.113542.13266 at iti.uucp> todd at iti.UUCP (maroC ddoT) writes:
>In article <LARRY.90Aug7135159 at focsys.uucp> larry at focsys.uucp (Larry Williamson) writes:
>>I'd like to purchase a copy of the korn shell for ISC's Unix 2.2.
>If you can't find a cheap korn shell, you may want to consider looking into
>GNU's BASH (Bourne Again SHell).  It has a lot of nice features that make the
>korn shell worth while (including emacs & vi style command history editing).
>Best of all.... it's free.

And it works on 2.2. I got it up about a week ago.

>Since ISC just added job control (to 2.2) you may want to keep in mind that
>any korn shell compiled for an earlier ISC probally will not support  any
>job control.

I have not tried to get job control to work yet. There is a bug in 2.2
that bit me. POSIX-compliant mode survives exec, so I had to put
in a call to _setostype(0) before the exec. Also wait() in nojobs.c
needed to be changed to waitpid(). Compile with -Xp.

--
Fredrik Stax{ng                | Unix is the last operating system. Any
CS Student at Uppsala University  | new will be strictly in the Unix tradition.