SCO Unix Blank Compiler Error Messages

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR/KT allbery at NCoast.ORG
Thu Aug 16 09:56:48 AEST 1990

As quoted from <11665 at bsu-cs.bsu.edu> by jbwaters at bsu-cs.bsu.edu (J. Brian Waters):
+---------------
| I had this problem also.  It went away after I installed the Xenix and DOS
| parts of the development system.  My guess is some files needed for the erros
| messages are incorrectly included with those parts.
+---------------

Correct.  Go into custom, select Install, Development System, Files, 386 Xenix
Cross Development package, then select the two files ending in ".err"; I think
they're "p1.err" and "p2-3.err", but they're the only two ending with ".err".
That fixed it for me.

My preferred fix, however, is "rm /bin/cc; ln /bin/rcc /bin/cc".  Or
substitute "gcc -traditional".

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    VHF: KB8JRR/KT on 220 (soon others)
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		    Delphi: ALLBERY