Help configuring Sendmail to route unknown addresses

Gary Heston gary at sci34hub.UUCP
Thu Aug 16 05:34:14 AEST 1990

In article <558 at dptechno.UUCP> dave at dptechno.uucp (Dave Lee) writes:

> [ sendmail problem description deleted ]
>
>I have seen several responses that claim to answer #1 with
>	"just change a few lines in sendmail.cf"
>but WHICH LINES ???

I solved all my similar problems by converting to smail 3. I spent
more time fighting with nroff to produce readable docs (I'm not a
nroff guru) than compiling and installing smail.

>Yes I am looking at smail, but I'd prefer a sendmail alternative.

Quit looking and do it. It IS a sendmail alternative. Just make
sure you hand-install the router and map files, because make install
doesn't. Took me an extra ten minutes to fix that.... :-)

>I have RTFM'd to death, but I dont get it.

This is absolutly precisely the reason I went to smail 3. Sendmail.cf
is like trying to debug relocatable object code without a source
listing. Smail is understandable, and real easy to deal with.

>System:   	ISC 2.0.2

I'm running an implementation of ISC 1.0.6, so you should have no
problems bringing it up. Just mod the EDITME file, and go.

I got the current sources (smail3.14, I think) off uunet. Really,
it's a great way to go.

(Thanks, FSF!)

--
    Gary Heston     { uunet!sci34hub!gary  }    System Mismanager
   SCI Technology, Inc.  OEM Products Department  (i.e., computers)