g++ binary for 386?

Douglas S. Rand dsr at luke.mitre.org
Tue Aug 28 01:14:32 AEST 1990

We have finally gotten the problems worked out.  I was able
to take a copy of g++ 1.37.2 beta and gcc 1.37.1 and get the
whole thing to compile.  Some provisos: I used a modified
gas 1.36 which had COFF support added.  There was a minor
mod to ASM_FLAGS in gcc and g++ to use the COFF feature.
With all this and config.gcc i386-sysv and config.g++ i386-sysv
everything worked.  I did compile gcc with cc then gcc and finally
with  gcc compiled with gcc before going on to g++.

Thanks to everyone who gave advice over the last bit of time.

Douglas S. Rand
Internet:   <dsrand at mitre.org>
Snail:	    MITRE, Burlington Road, Bedford, MA
Disclaimer: MITRE might agree with me - then again...
Amateur Radio: KC1KJ