Esix and RLL?

-Jeff Ellis jde at everex.UUCP
Tue Aug 21 09:19:36 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug17.051018.17077 at agate.berkeley.edu> larry at belch.Berkeley.EDU (Larry Foard) writes:
>In esix literature I recieved around 2 months ago it indicated that esix does
>not support RLL drives, has this problem been corrected in the latest version
>of esix? I would really like to be able to stick with the RLL drives I am
>currently using, since switching to an ESDI or SCSI drive would cost more
>than esix :( If RLL is still not supported is there any way to get around this
>problem? (sector remapping controllers, or a PD device driver?)

Some customers have been able to work with WD1003 RRL, WD1006 RRL, and AHA RLL
controllers. We have not test in house these cards. To try to lower support
problems due to customers using non-RRL drives with RRL controllers, we do
not say we support them. You are on your own with RRL.

>Other esix questions:
> The literature mentioned BSD sockets are these included with esix
> or are they extra?

ESIX has some socket support but it in not fully BSD. If you must have sockets
then get our Network STREAMS Proggramming Guide for how to use them.

> Is RFS anything like NFS? Can you mount pieces of remote file systems?

Yes RFS is a AT&T package that works like NFS.

--
Jeff Ellis		ESIX SYSTEM/V  UUCP:uunet!zardoz!everex!jde
			US Mail: 1923 St. Andrew Place, Santa Ana, CA 92705