Are these ISC X11 problems fixed?

Checkpoint Technologies ckp at grebyn.com
Fri Aug 31 01:38:27 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug29.111938.487 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.UUCP (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
>In article <21681 at grebyn.com> ckp at grebyn.UUCP (Checkpoint Technologies) writes:
>>  o My Caps lock and Num lock appear to have no effect.  My meager
>>research (using xev) seems to indicate they're mapped to the right
>>keysyms.
>
>Fixed in 1.1.  Don't know about the rest of your problems.

	That's good to hear.

>Anyway, the big plus for X11r4 is the optimized server which is
>something ISC has already done with X11r3, so there won't be a big advantage
>with going to X11r4.

	Are you kidding me? Or is the 1.1 and 1.2 server much faster
than the 1.0 servers?  Circle and arc drawing are pretty slow (so I
don't ever do them if I can help it; I never run xeyes because of
this), and if you set your root window to a pixmap of any size other
than 16x16 you get to watch the background repaint for *countable*
*seconds* when you shuffle windows.  This I do not call optimized,
especially when I've written some routines like this for an Motorola
6809 which were faster.

If this is better in 1.1 and 1.2, then ignore this diatribe...
--
First comes the logo: C H E C K P O I N T  T E C H N O L O G I E S      / /
                                                                    \\ / /