UNIX Driver for JUMBO Tape Backup

Dave Levenson dave at westmark.UU.NET
Fri Aug 31 01:13:45 AEST 1990

In article <3819 at sactoh0.SAC.CA.US>, enc at sactoh0.SAC.CA.US (Erez N. Carmel) writes:
> I have a Colorado Memory Systems tape backup, which used to serve
> under DOS.  CMS does not seem to have a Unix driver available. Did
> anybody have any Unix success with this drive?  Can VPIX help?

I have seen CMS' announcements that UNIX support is coming.  XENIX
support is already available.  I've spoken with their customer
support hotline (800 432 5858) about this.  They claim that it's in
beta testing.  Every time I've spoken with them, they have given me
an estimated availability date that was a month or two from now.
Their most recent claim (7/15) is that it will be shipping in
September of 1990, or a few weeks from now.  This has been going on
for about a year, so I'm not holding my breath, but I'll be calling
them again in late September to see if it's still vapor-ware.
--
Dave Levenson			Voice: 908 647 0900  Fax: 908 647 6857
Westmark, Inc.			UUCP: {uunet | rutgers | att}!westmark!dave