uucp problem

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Wed Aug 29 22:02:30 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug28.215058.16147 at ariel.unm.edu> einhorn at hydra.unm.edu (E Drew Einhorn ADV.SCI.Inc) writes:
>When a large file is uucp'ed onto their system everything goes fine for
>the first few kbytes of the file then everything shifts to SLOW mode.
>I believe the scheduler on their machine is starving the uucico process
>for cpu time.
>
>Any suggestions?

Ensure that xon/xoff flow control is off on the Bell tech machine.
Ensure that you have an intelligent i/o port on the Bell tech machine
Ensure that you have the latest and greatest drivers for the BT.
Ensure that both the CLIST and TTHOG tunable parameters are not too
low (just try doubling them to see if it has a positive effect).

If it still fails, lower the baud rate between the modem and the system
to see if that fixes the overflow problems.

If it still fails, run uucico with -x99 (lots of debugging output) on both
sides to see if you can tell what the problem is.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170