VPIX daemon?

Leigh Clayton loc at tmsoft.UUCP
Thu Aug 30 13:11:30 AEST 1990

 I have a 386/ix system, V2.0.2. I have an application that runs under
VPIX that I really want to run as a daemon. Most particularly, I do
**not** want the buggy, risky screen logic to run when it starts up (the
stuff VPIX does to the screen has a nasty habit of crashing or hanging
Unix if I happen to be messing with other logical screens at the time).

 What I want is to un my (debugged) code with output going to /dev/null
(well, I'd prefer a real stdout file, but I'm willing to do without that).

 My local 'support' for 386/ix tells me this can't be done; VPIX can't run
as a daemon. Is this true :-(?

 If so, is there some way to get my application to grab one of the logical
screens (**not** screen 8) and start up automatically at boot time? Reading
the so called VPIX 'documentation' led me to suspect that there might be, but
didn't suggest anything very helpful as to how I might try to accomplish
this.