GEM/3 and VP/ix Troubles

Mark L. Milliman mlm at cbnewsh.att.com
Wed Aug 8 07:13:10 AEST 1990

I just installed Release 3.1 of the Digital Research Inc. GEM/3 Desktop on
my i386 machine running UNIX System V Rel. 3.2.  When I try to run GEM,
the program starts fine, but when I try to run any program the system halts.
One time I was able to trap a General Protection Error message.  Has anyone
else had problems with GEM and VP/ix?  Might there be an instruction that
it is trying to execute that VP/ix cannot emmulate?

Thanks,
Mark